Friday, November 18, 2011

These glazed carrots...

I saw this recipe from a food blog I follow (and love!) called Mommy's Kitchen and they are delicious!!! I remember my Dad use to make sweet-carrots when I was a lot younger (like brown-sugar carrots) and these carrots just brought me back to my childhood. LOVE IT! I highly recommend these as a side dish, especially since the cinnamon/nutmeg combo tastes so... holiday-winterish! :) 
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Ingredients:
1 - lb. fresh carrots cut into bite size pieces
4- tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
6 - tablespoons brown sugar
1 - teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 - teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 - teaspoon salt

Directions: 
Peel carrots and cut into bite-size pieces. 
Boil the carrots in a medium size pot of water for 10-15 minutes (just until tender). While that's happening, melt the butter over low heat in a sauce pan. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Simmer the mixture for a couple minutes (about 5 minutes). Add hot steamed carrots, stirring well to coat all the carrots evenly. 
 Remove when the carrots are shiny and well glazed and place in a serving dish or on a dinner plate. Perfect dinner side :) 

**NOTES:
- I didn't know how many carrots would equal one pound so I just used 4 of them. For the amount of glaze the recipe made I should have added at least 2-3 more. Whole fresh carrots were on sale (3 lbs for .99!) so I bought those, but you can certainly use a 1 lb. bag of fresh baby carrots.


No comments:

Post a Comment