Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

Over a year ago at the grocery store they were giving out samples of curried chicken salad. I was skeptical when I saw grapes in it but I decided to be adventurous and give it a try. I instantly fell in love! I've been meaning to recreate it this entire time and I've finally tried a recipe for it! I think there's a little too much mayonnaise and a little too much curry flavor, but this is actually good! I'm still looking for the perfect recipe, but this is good in the mean time!
Ingredients:
3 cups diced cooked chicken breast 
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
1 cup mayonnaise
2 TBS mined red onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 
1/2 tsp curry powder 
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a large bowl combine chicken, celery, and grapes. 

2. Prepare the dressing in a small  bowl by whisking together mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, curry, and salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and mix well. 
Here is what the finished product should look like. You can spoon it over lettuce and have a salad or lettuce wraps. You can also stuff it in a pita pocket with lettuce. I put it in a bakery roll with romaine lettuce and it was yummy! I love the grapes in it! Great combination. :) 


**NOTES:
- I roasted a whole chicken last night and used the meat for this chicken salad, but you can buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to make life easier. To make life even a little more easier you can also buy the bag of Tyson's pre-cooked/cubed chicken. 
- I put 9 shakes of salt, and 9 shakes of pepper (out of my shakers). 
- IMO there's a little too much mayo (which normally isn't a sentence in my vocab), and a little too much curry. Next time I'd add a little more minced red onion too because I love onion a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment