Saturday, November 12, 2011

A fave in our house

French's Crunchy Onion Chicken is definitely a favorite in this house! My husband usually leaves a little food on his plate every-night, but not with this recipe! It's his #1 favorite chicken dish that I make and he can't get enough! I love it too because I love anything with onion, and the tang of the honey-mustard is so delicious! Oh yeah, it's super simple too! It's totally a win-win! I highly suggest you try it! My version is a lot easier too. :)
Crunchy Onion Chicken
Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts (as many as you need/want to make)
French's Honey-Mustard
French's Fried Onions
Salt and Pepper

Directions: 
1. If your chicken breasts are really thick then cut them in half horizontally (like you're opening a book). This isn't necessary, but I don't like when chicken breasts are too thick. Then you taste more "plain chicken" taste than actual seasoning! I know, I'm picky. :P
2. Lay your chicken breasts on a cookie sheet lined with foil; salt and pepper the top side.
3. Squirt some honey mustard on each breast and rub it all around the top with a spoon (or your fingers, but using the back of a spoon is a lot less messy of course). Just put enough to coat the top of each chicken.
4. Grab some french fried onions and crush them up a little in the palm of your hand; sprinkle onto the top of the breasts (so the onions stick to the honey-mustard) and continue until all the breasts have the whole top coated.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 425° for 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken).

Now how easy was that?! No measuring was even involved! I always serve this dish with Alexia's Olive Oil, Parmesan & Roasted Garlic Oven Reds (I get a bag at Walmart for cheaper than anywhere else), and green beans. The white blob on the plate is just sour cream to dip my potatoes in (it's good, I swear!)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment