Monday, November 14, 2011

Amy's Teriyaki Salmon

I've been obsessed with teriyaki salmon ever since 2001' when my best friends mom introduced me to it! She showed me what she did to make it and then I kept experimenting throughout the years. There's no real recipe, but I make it the same way everytime and I still have to eat this at least once a week. It's one of my ALL-TIME favorite dinners EVER!
Amy's Teriyaki Salmon
Ingredients:
Salmon 
White Sugar
Soy Sauce 
White Vinegar 
Garlic Powder

Directions:
1. In a glass baking dish (that will fit your salmon) add about half a cup of sugar and then pour in soy sauce till you get to about half-an-inch up the baking dish. Add a splash of vinegar (about 2 tablespoons) and stir with a fork. 
2. Sprinkle garlic powder on top  of your salmon and add your salmon filet flesh-side down into the baking dish. 
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 425° for 10 minutes. Take the salmon out, flip it over (so it will then be flesh-side-up) and put it back into the oven for about another 10 minutes (depending on how well done you like it). 
4. When finished baking, take it out of the baking dish and flip it over on a plate to expose the skin. Remove the skin and the gross brown stuff that is directly underneath the skin (YUCK) and then flip it back over to serve. Drizzle some of the teriyaki sauce from the baking dish over the salmon and serve. 

**NOTES:
-I've NEVER eaten salmon (or any fish for that matter) without a side of white rice, so you should have it to! :) It's perfection. Oh yeah, and don't forget your side of veggies! We always have it with either boiled asparagus or broccoli.
- My measurements are approximate. Don't be intimidated to just try it and then tweak the recipe next time if you want it sweeter/saltier/etc.
- Feel free to add other stuff too such as fresh minced ginger root (or even powdered ginger).  
- In the picture there's butter on my rice. It's amazingly delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment