Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sandy's Mexican Chicken

In the cook-book I have called CROCK-POT: The Original Slow Cooker there's a recipe called "Sandy's Mexican Chicken" and it's not only super simple - but also super yummy! It was on my revised menu for October 8 and I was really excited to try it! I recommend it! It's even better as left-overs too!

Sandy's Mexican Chicken
Ingredients:
2 to 4 chicken breasts
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed Cream of chicken soup -- undiluted
1 can (10 oz) Mexican-style Diced tomatoes with green chiles -- undrained
1/2 lb Velveeta, cubed  

Directions:
1. Place chicken, onion, soup and tomatoes with chiles in Crock-pot. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hrs OR on HIGH 4 hrs.
2. Break up chicken into pieces. Add Velveeta. Cook on HIGH until melted.
Serve over spaghetti (I served it over bow-tie pasta)

*NOTES*: I used 2 large chicken breasts but wished I used 3 after I saw all the sauce it made!
Also, I shredded the chicken alittle TOO much. Next time I'll leave bigger "chunks".

No comments:

Post a Comment