Monday, November 14, 2011

Curried Lentil Soup

 I made so much food yesterday it was ridiculous! I didn't even have a chance to try my curried lentil soup! I just made this bowl after it was finished in the slow-cooker so I could take a picture of it. I'm planning on having it for lunch today so I hope it's yummy. It sure does smell yummy! Plus it's super healthy packed with vegetables and of course, lentils (which are very good for you)! 
Curried Lentil Soup
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups dried lentils, sorted & rinsed
8 cups of water
2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 vegetable bouillon cubes, OR 2 chicken bouillon cubes
3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt

Directions:
1. In a 5-6 quart slow-cooker combine all ingredients except tomatoes, spinach & yogurt; Mix well.
2. Cover; cook on low 8-9 hours.
3. About 15 minutes before serving stir in tomatoes, and take out the 2 bay leaves. Spoon into a bowl and top with spinach and yogurt.

**NOTES: 
- I topped it with a little spinach but skipped the yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment