We never go to Panda Express anymore, but when we did we sometimes would get a couple Crab Rangoon. They were super yummy! I decided to make my own since I have a lot of packages of wonton skins. (I kind of went overboard in the Asian Market) Here's my recipe - my husband loved them!
4 oz softened Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 sticks imitation crab meat, minced ( I always get the ones from the fish counter at Safeway)
1 scallion, diced
1 small cup of water (to seal wontons)
1. In a bowl, combine minced crab meat and diced scallions into softened cream cheese. Mix well.
2. Place a tablespoon of the mixture in the center of a wonton skin.
3. Wet your finger tip and run it along the whole perimeter of the wonton.
4.Fold wonton over to create a diamond shape. Pinch it tight so there are no openings.
5. Fry in peanut oil around 375° until golden brown.
6. Transfer to a plate lined with paper-towel to drain excess oil.