Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where'd that Lasagna come from?

For some reason today I went into the refrigerator, saw some ricotta cheese, and randomly made a lasagna! I then covered it with foil, stuck it in the frige, and didn't even feel like cooking it! Well I was just thinking about it (at 8:30pm) and decided to finally cook it (it's in the oven as we speak)! We had our fried chicken tonight for dinner so I don't even know what I'm doing... I just love cooking and food a little too much. <3
Amy's Random Lasagna

Ingredients:
Some no-boil lasagna noodles
Traditional Prego Sauce/Safeway Pizza Sauce (I didn't have enough pasta sauce so I mixed them)
15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Mozzarella
1 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the dry kind you sprinkle on spaghetti)
A few shakes of Italian Seasoning

Directions:
1. Combine Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning in a large bowl.
2. Pour a little sauce at the bottom of a casserole dish and put a layer of no-boil lasagna noodles.
3. Evenly spread some of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
4. Continue with layers (sauce, noodles, cheese mixture) and do it about 3-4 times (depending on how big your dish is and how much of the ingredients you have).
5. When you're finished add some Mozzarella cheese on top and sprinkle with a little Parmesan.
6. Bake covered with foil in a preheated oven at 350° for 50-60 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes take the foil off so the top browns nicely.

I'll report back with how it tastes after I scarf some down! (A preggalicious girl has the right to eat more than 1 dinner, right?!) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment