I make the easiest salsa chicken in the slow-cooker that is so delicious! I freeze portions in separate freezer baggies so I can keep having the flavor for weeks/months to come without having to do much work. Sounds good to me! :) Try it, you'll love it!
Amy's Salsa Chicken
5 frozen boneless-skinless chicken breasts
1 (24oz) jar of Safeway Select Mild Chipotle Salsa
Chili Powder (about 7 shakes depending on taste preference)
1. Place chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow-cooker (they will overlap since it's so much chicken).
2. Shake chili powder over the chicken about 7 times.
3. Pour the whole jar of salsa over the chicken; close lid.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours (just until it's tender and easily shreds apart).
5. Shred chicken while it's still in the slow-cooker with 2 forks.
This makes a lot of Salsa Chicken and it freezes really well. Place the left-overs in a large bowl and put it in the refrigerator to completely cool (over-night is best). You can then take freezer bags and evenly divide the salsa chicken to have multiple quick dinners on hand. Make sure you push out as much air from the bag as you can before you seal it. Lay your bag flat in the freezer; that way after it's frozen it will only take up a little room, but always be there for Mexican Mondays! ;)