Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Home-Made Basil Butter

I'm lucky enough to have 3 big bushes of basil right in our backyard! Now that I have a food-processor I thought it would be a perfect time to give the bushes a "hair-cut" and make some home-made basil butter! Here's all that I picked (which is nothing compared to still what's outside...)
The whole kitchen had a beautiful aroma of fresh picked basil. It actually made me wonder if they sell basil air-freshener or candles! :P
My first attempt at basil butter turned out excellent! I highly suggest you make some and put it on anything from chicken - to grilled veggies!
Here's the a picture of my "logs" hardening in the fridge, and the recipe follows!
 Home-Made Basil Butter 

Ingredients: 
2 cups basil, loosely packed
1 stick salted butter, softened
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. black pepper


Directions:
In a food processor chop garlic cloves. Add your basil and blend into little chopped pieces. Add butter, lemon juice and black pepper. Blend till incorporated. Drop basil butter onto saran wrap and roll into logs (like in my picture). Put in fridge to harden. 


**NOTE:** 
Each log is the entire recipe, so 1 stick of butter equals 1 log of basil butter. I did 2 batches so I have 2 logs. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment