Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I did it!

I stuck to my revised second-half of the week's menu (for the most part) which is great for me! Tonight's Fettuccine Alfredo dinner was delicious. :) I had left-over chicken from Sunday night's dinner so I decided to incorporate it.  I find that no matter what I add to the dish  I always resort back to just the sauce and noodles. I've tried putting vegetables in it, then I tried it with shrimp, and now with chicken in it. Hubby and I still prefer good ole basic Fettuccine Alfredo. I refuse to eat any other brand of Alfredo Sauce other than Buitoni! Nothing else compares! I was in a salad mood (my plate is with the Ranch, hubby's is with Italian) so instead of the zucchini we had salad. Also instead of the garlic knots I decided to have sour-dough bread (from the Safeway Bakery) and spread my Home-Made Basil Butter on it! Deeeeeelish!

Now onto a new challenge... my in-laws will be visiting for a few weeks starting Oct. 16th. I planned most of our meals but I know there's no way we'll stick to them every night. A few nights I know we'll get take-out, and another few nights hubby and I will get to go on a date-night while the in-laws watch the girls! I'm really excited for that! I miss spending time with him alone. I also miss my mother-in-law and father-in-law! I can't wait to see them! They are just such amazing people... I'm so blessed to have them in my life! :)
(Now how many people can say that about their in-laws? :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment