Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Weekly menu, & a pat on my back...

I'm really getting better at sticking with what's on the menu, and I must say - I'm proud! DH and I really didn't feel like pork-chops after we started smelling the delicious smell of BBQ burgers outside, but I told him NO. I explained that we wouldn't be very smart to change the menu for the night because then I'd have to re-arrange my whole weekly menu! We (reluctantly) agreed to stick to pork-chops. I'm really glad we did because once again I ended up loving it! My last post talked about a big issue of ours which is being so quick to change the menu for the night based on what we feel like eating at the time. I realized when I stick to the menu and smell the food cooking then I end up being really happy that we had what's on the menu! So that helps a lot thinking back and knowing if I just make what's on the menu then I'll be happy either way!
I've decided for October that I am now going to try out weekly themes! So much fun! Here's what my menu will be based on for the month of October....

October's Weekly Themes:
-Whatev Wednesday ("Whatev" ingredients we have that have nowhere to go in the week like pork chops, or whatever I feel like making that night - it gives more leeway to choose.)
-Italian Thursday 
-Chicken Friday
-Seafood Saturday
-Soup/Slow-Cooker Sunday
(I'll make soup in the SC or use the SC to cook a different dish for dinner)
-Mexican Monday
-Red Meat Tuesday

It makes it a lot less over-whelming to have some "direction" (using the themes) instead of looking at a blank menu and not even knowing where to start! Let's see if I can make it a whole week with sticking to this menu!

For the week starting 10/5/2011
Wednesday - Shake-n-Bake Pork-Chops, Baked Potatoes & Green Beans
Thursday - Meaty Egg-Plant Parmesan Lasagna, Cheesy Garlic Bread & Salad
Friday - Crunchy Onion Chicken, Garlic-Rosemary Oven-Fries & Green Beans
Saturday - Baked Pesto Tilapia, Steamed White Rice & Salad
Sunday - Slow-Cooker Pot Roast & Crusty Bread
Monday - Cheesy Salsa Chicken Skillet & Salad
Tuesday - Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Cheesy Garlic Bread & Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment