Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slow-Cooker Shredded Salsa Beef

So simple, yet so delicious! I made this in September and froze left-overs for another night. I thawed the Salsa Beef in the refrigerator for a day or two and used it for my burritos on 10/3/11. It was even more delicious than I remembered! You can use the beef in any recipe but I highly suggest you try it in burritos! In the words of Racheal Ray... yumm-o!

Instructions:
1 2-3lb chuck roast (Mine was 2.84 lbs)
1 taco seasoning packet (I used McCormick)
1 24oz jar of salsa (I used Safeway Select Roasted Tomato Salsa)
1 TBS minced garlic (from the jar)
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
1. Salt and pepper entire roast and place into slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning packet over the top of the roast, followed by the minced garlic.
3. Pour salsa over the entire roast and put the lid on.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours. After 8 hours take out the roast and shred with 2 forks. Put the shredded beef back into the crockpot (with the salsa still in there) and continue to cook on low until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment