Saturday, October 8, 2011

An easy crust I actually like!

I came across a pizza dough mix at Safeway and of course had to try it. Just add water? Now that's the kind of recipe I like! :P
The brand is Betty Crocker and it's actually yummy. I made pizza for lunch today (per my daughters request) and we really enjoyed it!
Here's what I did...

Ingredients:
1 bag of Betty Crocker Pizza Dough Mix
1/2 jar Safeway Select Pizza Sauce
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
Hormel Pepperoni
Mushrooms

Directions:
1. Pour pizza dough mix and 1/2 cup hot water in a medium size bowl; stir until dough ball forms. Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
2. Spray olive-oil onto pizza pan to prevent sticking and press the dough out evenly with floured finger tips.
3. I seasoned the dough at this point with garlic powder and Italian seasoning just for added flavor. I then spread 1/2 a jar of pizza sauce evenly onto uncooked pizza dough and added mozzarella cheese, pepperoni & mushrooms. 
4. Bake on bottom rack of preheated oven at 450° for 12 minutes. Take out and let rest for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment