Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weekly Menu 12/3 - 12/9

Okay, I think this will be easy to stick to for the week. I'm still doing the pantry challenge (trying to eat what's at the house) but I'm buying ground beef for Sunday & Wednesday - I have a good excuse though! I'm supposed to be eating a lot of beef (iron-rich) since I get anemic (due to my weight-loss surgery). I refuse to go a whole week without beef just to save a few bucks... that's ridiculous. This is my health we're talking about! All the other stuff we already have (except I have to pick up some fresh lettuce/salad stuff). Other than that I think we're good to go for the week! Now, if only I can stay away from a grocery store longer than 1 day...

Saturday - Shake-n-Bake Chicken Tenderloins, Baked Beans, Salad
Sunday -  McCormick Chili & Cornbread
Monday - Amy's Salsa Chicken Enchilada's, Chips/Salsa
Tuesday - Crunchy Onion Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Wednesday - Crunchy Taco Hamburger Helper, Salad
Thursday - Meditteranean Herb-Crusted Tilapia, White Rice, Zucchini
Friday - Stouffer's Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I missed your comment on the menu's until today....about my cold slaw. I cheat! Totally. I buy the angelhair cabbage at the grocery in a bag. Then at home I mix mayo, about a tablespn of sugar, then salt/pepper to taste. Stir, chill, serve. I've been known to serve right after mixing but it tastes better if it sits a bit. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I noticed something else. My lasagna is totally Stouffer's too. Cheaper than all the ingredients and time. We love it! It's my 'in the freezer' just in case meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for sure! I would never buy ANY other kind of Stouffers!!! And thanks for tip about the cole-slaw! I'm sooo trying that!!!

    ReplyDelete